A family-run guest house located in the heart of Dublin city
Welcome to Harveys Guesthouse!
Harveys is a family-run guest house located in the heart of Dublin city. The Flood family have lived here for 25 years and pride ourselves on our hospitality to all who come to stay with us; our beds have been described as the most comfortable in the world by our guests!
We are one of the best-situated Guesthouses in Dublin. Dublin Castle, Trinity College and Temple Bar Area are all within 30 minute walk. St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Phoenix Park and Christchurch Cathedral are just a short bus-journey from our door.
Even closer, O’Connell St. and Croke Park are only an 8-minute walk, and North Great Georges St., which has some of the best-preserved Georgian buildings in the entire city.
Dublin Airport is just 25 minutes away by public bus (no. 41), which stops just one minute’s walk from our door. Busarus (Central bus station) and Connolly Station (train and light-rail) are also nearby – a 20 minute walk or a short taxi-journey.
About Our Building
Harveys Guesthouse was built in 1787, by Lord Mount Gardiner. He was responsible for developing most of the Georgian houses built in the area. The house served as a tenement building for many years, and was once considered to be located in an “undesirable” part of Dublin.
The house was purchased by Harvey family in 1965 and turned into a Guesthouse. In 1987 the Flood Family bought the house and set about returning it to its original Georgian state. Almost every floor was rebuilt from the inside: new plumbing and electrics were fitted. The house will never be complete as we are always finding new enhancements to carry out!
Interestingly, while working on an old wall, Robert Flood found an old Guinness yeast-jar, used by the original builders back in 1787. We also found original copies of a newspaper dating from the same year!